Monday, December 5, 2011

Meatless Monday: leftovers!!!

Hey friends, happy Monday! I'm having a splendid start to my week, and I hope you are, too. It's almost finals-time at my university, and my students are working on their final portfolios for my classes. I plan to be really, really productive this week, and next. Lots of incisive grading, student-conferences, and efficient planning for and working on my own research projects. And that is why it is leftover week.


My dear friend, Jamica, had a bunch of us over for a potluck this weekend. She made three incredible soups, and we all supplied salads, bread, cheese and wine. I'm so grateful that she let me steal some of her delicious lentil soup--it is going to be our hearty meatless dinner tonight!

But don't get me wrong, with the proximity to holiday feasts of all kinds, I have a fridge full of leftovers that are going to be re-purposed as fantastically quick dinners this week! Here is my game plan:

  • Tonight: Jamica's lentil soup with greek yogurt, rice and greens
  • Tuesday: turkey shepherd's pies
  • Wednesday: roasted chicken breasts with sweet potato gratin
  • Thursday: chicken barley soup
  • Friday: Girls' Night! (so, basically eating wine and cheese for dinner)
What about you? Do you like leftovers, or detest them? Any creative leftover-makeovers you love?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...