Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Mash-up

Hello and happy Monday!

Hope your day is going just great. I myself am using this day to "reboot" a bit. Our weekend was fantastic, and very, very busy. We helped friends move and went on a date, taught a class and babysat, watched a Dr. Who mini-marathon with my best friend and partied with my parents and sister and bro-in-law.

Whew.

On our date, Jake and I went out for a delicious Thai dinner and then saw this movie:


Can I just say...?  It was awesome. 


There was a good mix of kick-butt action and emotive acting, as well a gorgeous photography. Perfect date-night movie: kept the hubs engaged and wasn't *too* gorey for me...though there were a couple of moments when I had to hide my face against Jake's shoulder!


Cate Blanchett was luminous and scary-crazy.


Eric Bana was fierce. (not in the fashion sense, though!) All-in-all, it made for a great date night--I highly recommend. 

Also, here are a couple of interesting bits I knocked into today:





2 comments:

Natalie said...

OK I had to come find you and tell you I just finished the Screwtape Letters...I loved it. The whole time I was reading it I was thinking about you. We should catch up--I will be in Ann Arbor Sat/Sun May 14, 15. Are you possibly available?

nic said...

Aiiieeee! I am SO EXCITED at the prospect of seeing you, my dear!!! (I have been thinking about you lots this week...kind of random, but maybe a God thing, huh?) Yes, let's hang out on either of those days. Definitely.

Isn't Screwtape Letters so good?! It continually blows my mind. I actually just re-read the letters about "the law of undulation." Oh, C.S. Lewis, how amazingly smart you are!

So, yes. We should grab coffee and catch up and talk C.S. Lewis. Can't wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...