Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"going to the beach when it's cold" packing

 I've had my fingers crossed for about a week now that it would be warm in the Mitten this weekend. Sigh, it will not be quite the summery-mini-break I'd hoped for--as warm as 70 degrees. Fahrenheit.

So, I'm planning my packing list for our trip, and my mindset has been: "What does one wear to the beach in winter???"

Thus, here is my ideal packing list for this weekend:

a comfy-looking, super-soft, long-sleeve tee


an extra blanket to wrap up in, or spread on the beach for stargazing:


Probably going to need a hat, like this

or this


...and some gloves (or "glovelets," anyone?)


At least that will keep the fingers free to make s'mores...mmmh. 



Throw everything in a practical, yet super cute, beach tote:


and you're good to go.

(speaking of, I'll see you all next week--hopefully with pics of our chilly beach getaway!)

2 comments:

Jess said...

cute picks. I love that soft looking shirt, and the blanket is fabulous. hope your getaway is great!

nic said...

I know, right? I want that blanket....

The getaway was indeed lovely--much warmer than anticipated! (so my winter hat went un-worn. ah, well!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...