Thursday, April 21, 2011

time to celebrate!

Dear friends,

I can now share with you the event I have been waiting to celebrate: I got a new job!

I will be moving to a new university, leaving an amazing institution that has been a home to me for years. It is bittersweet, to be sure. But, I am excited. It will be a fine new challenge, a move ripe with opportunity to do the work I love, writing and teaching writing.

I did, at last, open that special blanc de blanc 2009 from 45 North:


Followed quickly by an impromptu cheese plate (inspired by Madame Fromage, Cup of Jo and The Senses Five):

But, one cannot just sit around and eat cheese all summer. (I wish!) There is much to be done: tutoring and teaching, training and writing, developing new syllabi and course plans. So much to do...but first, we celebrate!


What have you been celebrating lately?

2 comments:

Jess said...

Nic, congratulations! Is that what your trip to the south was about? I hope so, because that might mean I'll see more of you soon.

I've been celebrating spring. Trying to get outside, taking walks with the kids and naming the plants and flowers for Finn. Soaking up the warm weather before it becomes unbearably hot.

nic said...

Jess~

Thank you so much for sharing in this little victory with me! You're so sweet. I was in ATL for a professional/academic conference (hence the not-getting-out-of-the-hotel-much). I learned a lot and had a lot of fun, nerdily. The new job is in the Mitten as well as my current job, so really just moving 'cross town.

It is so great to celebrate spring! Such a celebratory season! Your teaching time with Finn reminds me of my own childhood...Papa Guinot would take me around their great big yard in Southern Ohio and name all the flora and fauna for me. My mom swears it helped develop my vocabulary, so there you go.

Cheers to spring and enjoying it before Southern summer hits!

<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...