Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day!

We were greeted with quietly falling snow this Valentine's Day, which as it so happens, is my very favorite holiday.

Truth be told, I never had a date on Valentine's Day until I met Jake. Isn't that funny? But, it's always been my favorite holiday for a few reasons:
  1. My birthday is only a few days away. (and it's my mom's birthday today!)
  2. There is chocolate everywhere!
  3. The official colors of the day are pink and red, two of my favs:)
My celebration of the day will involve only a few special tweaks to our normal routine. I'm meeting my mom to get our hair done together, and then I'll probably finish grading some papers before getting dinner started. For a couple of years now, I've gotten a special, super easy Valentine's Dinner routine: herbed rack of lamb and roasted vegetables to throw in the oven, some fancy little store-bought macarons,


 and champagne, bien sur!


Simple, and just special enough for a snowy Tuesday night. :) I might even sit down and make out a few cards, carrying on my own little "galentine's tradition." Maybe I'll even go crazy and craft cards of my own design, like these, or these. Maybe not.



But whether you run about town gathering supplies, or plan a magical winter outing, or just have a blind date with a book, I do wish you the very best day. Know that you are special, unique person with a purpose: to love and be loved.

Here is a romantic song to set the tone, which my friend, Jamica, and I decided is one of the best love songs ever! (She and her hubs have a lyric from it engraved in their wedding bands, and I walked down the aisle to it.) Hope you enjoy:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...