Tuesday, October 25, 2011

book talk: birds of a feather

Last weekend, the hubs and I went to see this movie, because we like the actors, and thought it would be funny.



Guess what? It was funny. Maybe not pee-your-pants hilarious, but funny. I especially appreciated all the cool stuff I learned about birds from watching these yahoos chase down various species in their respective habitats (what can I say, I am a bit of a biology geek). What I also discovered was that this film is based on a book.


I think I want to read it. I know, it is a book that is pretty much all about birdwatching. I know, I know, it will be a classic case of reverse-book-adaptation-as-a-film-dilemma. But, I think it will work out ok. 

What about you? Do you have any favorite book-to-film adaptations? Any on your worst-experience list?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...