Monday, October 3, 2011

meatless monday: feelin' hearty

So, for meatless monday today, I want to tell y'all about the savory and satisfying meatless meal I made last night. It was a recipe in my new Living that just came in the mail last week, and it was delicious. Martha called it "minestrone with parmesan biscuits"--and it ended up being a hearty casserole-type-thing with a thick, bean-and-vegetable soup for the filling and quickly whipped up parmesan biscuits for the topping. You'll have to grab the mag for the actual recipe, but I wager it is somewhere between this:



and this:


It was a perfect fall dish. I sauteed and simmered the veggies in a pot, threw the biscuit batter together, and then plopped it all in a baking dish and threw it in the oven. Surprisingly fast and easy!

What about you? Do you have any surprisingly easy, yet hearty cold-weather dishes up your sleeve? Do tell!

2 comments:

jamica said...

i'm totally thinking of making that this weekend!!! great minds think alike;) xo

nic said...

You know it. :) Let me know what you think of it...I can't decide if it's easy enough to make more than once.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...