Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Enough to impress

Folks, it is just shy of five p.m., and yours truly has been grading up a storm. Happy hour, anyone?

Thankfully, I'm heading to meet my mom and sister for a drink and some quality time, right now. I'm excited to see them--it is rare that we just have time, the three of us, to hang out--so it will be nice to kick back and just be together.

I'm bringing along a bottle of Leelanau Cellars Summer Sunset wine for us to enjoy (probably with the ubiquitous bowl of tortilla chips and salsa!)

I'm such a fan of our wines, here in the Mitten! I've always been of the mind that we should buy local, and support local businesses (which, of course, includes local wineries...duh.). But, I've been mildly obsessed with Mitten-produced wines ever since the trip I took to the Leelanau and Mission Peninsulas with my mom and sister last summer.



Touring "wine country" with Mom and Manda was so lovely. 



The beauty of the vineyards and surrounding countryside was enough, in itself, to impress. But the wine holds its own, believe me! 

Don't believe me? That's ok. Check out what Mario Batali has to say. (yay for Mitten vintages!) 

1 comment:

manda said...

This was a great trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...