Thursday, August 25, 2011

picking back up

Hellooo! Ah, friends, I am sorry that I've been missing this past week. Let me tell ya, there's lots going on in my part of the Mitten! Between concluding my summer writing course, and getting set up in my new teaching 'digs' in the city, I have been in the thick of things.



But now, I'm settled into my new office (which has a view of this iconic museum!), and things are about to start rollin' pretty soon. Next week, classes start. I will be teaching new(ish) courses in new classrooms in a new city.

My goal is to keep posting...even to see my little brightmitten grow! It will be fun posting about more about my experiences in the city--teaching, eating, chilling--and even maybe some fun thoughts and musing thrown in as well.

For now, here are some bits and bobs:

I'm starting to really obsess over summer-to-fall wardrobe options. What are some of your go-to transition pieces?

Twelve suggestions for parmesan pairings.

Interesting thoughts about a "morning reboot" when your day doesn't start off so well. I think I'd sub in "eating something salty" and "listening to good tunes" for her trench-and-coffee combo. What about you?

How cool is this outdoor feast that Claire posted about?

4 comments:

Lal said...

Love all the parmesan ideas! I want to try them all right now! Mmmm... hehe

T

nic said...

Yay! I definitely agree with you, T:) How are you guys weathering the storm where you are? (you and TJ are still in NC, yes?)

Thinking of you!

xo,
n

Nali said...

Good luck on your classes next week! It must be so exciting knowing you have all these new things coming up!

xoxo, Nali
http://nalimon.blogspot.com

P.S. Found you on FTLOB's comment love day :)

nic said...

Thank you so much for the visit, and the encouraging comment, Nali!

best,
~nic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...