Monday, August 29, 2011

Meatless Monday: breakfast planning


This week, I am getting ready to start my first semester teaching at a new university. Aside from occasionally breathing into a paper bag, I feel absolutely fine about it. Which means, of course, that anything that I can potentially worry about/plan for, I am. 

Which leads me to today's Meatless Monday post: breakfasts. Specifically, filling, nutritious breakfasts that I could--in theory--make ahead of time so as to be able to grab/eat-with-a-spoon-standing-over-counter in my morning rush. 

I am really intrigued by the idea of making hot cereal with whole grains, like quinoa. This helpful article in Whole Living got my brain going. As the weather gets chillier, it appeals to me to have a hot, stick-to-your-ribs kind of breakfast to start the day. 

Then again, I might just make these cookies, and call breakfast for the month done

2 comments:

Miss Bibliophile said...

Yum, those pomegranate seeds look like a great addition for some oatmeal. I recently bought something called Pompanoosuc Porridge from King Arthur Flour. It's a mixture of steel cut oatmeal, bulger, and flax seed. It's really good and cooks up in just a few minutes.

nic said...

I know, right?! I am super-intrigued by your panacea-grain mixture--it sounds amazing! (and what a great name, too.) I will have to check it out.

Thanks for sharing, Miss B!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...