Tuesday, August 2, 2011

(belated) Meatless Monday

Sorry for the lateness of this post, but I just had to share with you my latest meatless food-obsession: black beans!

While we were in the UP (that's "upper peninsula" for you non-michiganders...), we had lunch one day at Border Grill. I had the veggie-taco-bowl. It was, in a word, awesome. And one reason why it was so great was the fact that I didn't miss the meat. I mean, at all. There were black beans galore, and that seemed to do the trick.

So, tonight, I think I might need to try these for dinner:


I mean, black beans and goat cheese??!! (you had me at goat cheese, but these tortas look mouthwatering!)




Then again, this guacamole salad from the Barefoot Contessa seems like a no-fail.

Do you have any good black-bean recipes?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...