Monday, January 2, 2012

happy new year!


Hey friends, I hope your new year is off to a glorious beginning! May you have lots of adventure, love and things to be grateful for in 2012. I'm looking forward to new challenges and bits of fun this year--to continuing Meatless Mondays and our Book Talks. I'm also keen to talk more about my teaching, and other fun things, too, like some fashion-y stuff and thoughts about life. I always love your feedback and participation in our discussions--can't wait to continue "hanging out" with you, here!



For now, though, don't be jealous: this is the view from where I'm sitting. My parents treated Jake and I, along with my sister and brother-in-law, to a Smoky Mountains getaway for New Year's weekend. We met up with family friends in Tennessee, which is mid-way between our family in the Mitten, and theirs in Florida. We've had a really nice, restorative time, gazing at the mountains, eating great food and playing games like charades and the  "Olympics" that my sis and her hubs made up for us--pool, air hockey and Wii bowling. It was really fun!


I am especially grateful to be up and at 'em these days. I had a gnarly back injury the Thursday before Christmas (perrrrrfect timing), which made me basically immobile for two weeks. Still sore, but way more normal-feeling, I'm grateful that I can sit in these rocking chairs without wanting to cry. 

Tomorrow, though, we pile in the car and head back to reality. Back to all the things I said I'd get done over break, and then didn't touch 'cause I was (literally) laid out on my back. Sigh. Trying not to get too overwhelmed by it all. Still, I'm so grateful to be able to share the good, the bad and the ugly with you, friends! Thank you so much for visiting here, for your comments and emails and general encouragement.   Here's to a wonderful, productive and grace-filled new year!!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Hope you're feeling better!

nic said...

Thanks, Thomas! Getting back to normal:) How was your first day?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...