Tuesday, January 31, 2012

beautiful detroit

I do admit, I'm unabashed in my love and loyalty toward the Mitten and all of its charms. But, since starting my faculty position in Detroit, I have felt my allegiance to the city deepen and grow.



Which is why I was stoked to see the D featured in a couple of un-hyperbolic, yet refreshingly positive blog posts today. Meghan from Design Tripper has recently opened a super-cool-looking boutique hotel/B&B, and her guests this weekend were particularly interested in checking out the Belle Isle Conservatory.



The visit is exquisitely captured and captioned at roam & home. Check both blogs out for some poignant and lovely inspiration; they made me so proud of my Mitten and this sprawling city at the base of the "thumb."

1 comment:

jamica said...

:) megan is such a sweet lady and her new b&b looks so awesome!! they also do cooking classes there!! detroit is pretty cool and i'm glad your working down here...now we just need to get you and jake to move down here;) xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...