Monday, January 9, 2012

Meatless Monday: back into the swing

Hello, folks! I am happy to be back, mobile and in the swing of things:) Today was the first day of the Winter 2012 semester at my university, and so I duly donned my blazer and made the rounds of "syllabus day."

Can I just say? I really like all of my students! They seem great and fun and willing to hang with me, even if I am one of those instructors who gives homework on the first day!!! This is going to be a great semester, I just know it.

I am excited to get back into a real cooking rhythm again, too. No that I didn't l-o-v-e having my mom and grandmother and aunts and uncles and in-laws cook for me for several weeks! The holidays are always fun and kind of decadent like that. But now, I am ready to get back in the saddle.


In keeping with my soup commitment, I'll be making a pot of this yummy-sounding red lentil soup with turnip and parsley this week.


And since I just bought a passel of avocados yesterday...I'll be adding their "good-fat" lusciousness to black beans and rice, and this:


I know, I know, it isn't exactly meatless...but doesn't it look delectable? I'm excited to make it none-the-less:)

What about you? Are you excited that the holidays are over, or just exhausted? What are you going to be making at the beginning of this year?

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Can you post a link to the red lentil soup recipe? Is that ok to ask?

nic said...

Hey T!

Absolutely:) In fact, I think if you click on the words "red lentil soup blah blah" in the post it should take you there, but here it is, too:

http://www.wholeliving.com/151392/red-lentil-soup

enjoy!
~Nic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...