Wednesday, January 18, 2012

old lady tricks~hot chocolate

Hey all! I hope that you're having a splendid day so far. Today, it is bitter cold in the Mitten. BIT-TER.I mean, I've been sitting in my office, hunched over my desk, with my stocking hat on all afternoon. (still chilled through.) I guess walking around to all of my classes today didn't help. I think I got the cold down in my bones, somewhere between teaching my first class, and walking back to my office for lunch.

All this cold makes me feel like an old lady. [doesn't help that there's a certain old lady birthday approaching.] Seems like as good a time as any to kick off my presentation of "old lady tricks"...or the little things that I love or do that make me smirk and feel like a crotchety old lady.

And today, this old lady wants to hunch over a steaming mug of hot cocoa.


You might have thought to yourself, "hmm, doesn't sound very 'old ladyish' to me." But, wait for it. My hot chocolate of choice, these days, is this glamorous powerhouse:




That's right. Ovaltine. I mean, if I'm going to have a chocolatey, delicious beverage, I certainly want it to contain 12 vitamins and minerals. It's like drinking a treat, that is also a multi-vitamin. 

(I know, I know. Jake mocks me endlessly for this! Old. Lady.)

However, here are some hot chocolate factoids that I was previously unaware of. For instance, did you know there was such a thing as a hot chocolate 5K? Also, Miss B. posted about these delicious-sounding scones that are also very much on theme.

Here's hoping you are keeping warm and toasty today!

2 comments:

Miss Bibliophile said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your old lady tricks. Maybe they'll overlap with some of my grandma tendencies :)

nic said...

AWESOME.

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...