Friday, September 2, 2011

Five Gratitudes

Well, the week is pretty much done. So much has happened, been accomplished, and flown by at lightning speed, it's time to pause. Time to reflect a little bit on what I am grateful for. Time to breathe deep breaths. (I've sucked at breathing all week...)

And, since I usually assign a list of five gratitudes to my students, I have compiled a list of five as well. :)

  1. As exciting and great as this week has been--first classes! meeting students! new campus!--I am so, so grateful for the weekend.

  1. I'm grateful for my lovely new (to me, anyway) campus.

  1. I'm grateful for my friendships with my mom and sister, and I'm grateful that they both came over for a wine-down (winding down with wine, of course) the other night!

  1. I'm grateful for my incredibly generous mother-in-law, who is gifting us with a beautiful new bed (and for my equally generous father-in-law, who is delivering it tonight!). 

  1. I'm grateful for a cozy, Friday-night-in with my hubs. 

What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

Dana Fox said...

all wonderful things to be grateful for :)
xo dana
thewonderforest.com

nic said...

dana~thanks so much for the encouraging comment! I'm so glad you stopped by:)

~nic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...