Friday, September 23, 2011

Five Gratitudes

Happy, Happy Friday! Whew. Does it seem like this week took forever~yet went at a frenetic pace~or is it just me?

Here's what I'm grateful for today:

image source

1. Today marks the Autumnal Equinox, and I'm so grateful that my favorite season officially here! I'm also grateful to Adam Frank for posting a thought-provoking blog about The Tyranny of Modern Time on NPR's website that fits in with the occasion perfectly.




2. I'm grateful to my uncle for posting this mesmerizing video shot from the International Space Station.  Can we say jaw-dropping? Look at all those cities!


3. I'm grateful to Alli for posting about one of my favorite books ever, Pride and Prejudice. On a rainy day like today, thoughts of curling up with a classic comfort read make me smile.


4. I'm grateful that tonight, Jake and I have the chance to try out this new restaurant that just opened in our town. Looks like it will be a delicious dinner!


5. Last but not least, I'm grateful to ProfHacker for this blog on thinking about ways to make writing fun. For myself, for my students, I want to think more about ways to inspire a desire (heh, that rhymes!) for writing...and I am still musing on this quote: 

"I wonder what it is that tells us that only difficult tasks are worthwhile, that fun tasks are frivolous and unnecessary."

Indeed. 

What about you, friends? What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

Jess said...

that video was amazing! I loved the lightning.
I'm grateful for friends new and old, the change of seasons, my family, and new beginnings. I seem to need a new beginning every few days - my mood has been a little dark lately. I'm glad new beginnings are as easy as trying again.

nic said...

I know, right? It just inspires so much awe in me, to think that we are really so, so small when compared to earth...or the universe!

Ah, I agree with your take on new beginnings. I think that you last sentence could/should be the refrain in a (soon-to-be) wildly popular children's book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...