Sunday, September 18, 2011

mod musings

The other day, my sister-in-law and I were talking about our fashion styles, such as they are. We tried to condense our philosophies down into a couple of words: hers became "preppy-bohemian" and mine was "tomboy-librarian-ballerina".  I have been thinking about adding to it, adjusting maybe. I've been thinking about becoming more mod these days. This wonderful clip from BBC series, The Mighty Boosh, is my inspiration.



Doesn't it just make you want to be king/queen of the mods? (I may be obsessed...just a little.)

What about you? What's your fashion philosophy? Can you sum it up in a couple of words?

3 comments:

Miss Bibliophile said...

I probably would have said something like "comfortable vintage preppy", but after hearing yours I'm now aspiring to make it "tomboy librarian ballerina". That sounds like the best fashion hybrid ever.

Jess said...

kid friendly! haha. nothing too low cut, or kids will pull it down. nothing white, unless I've got the stroller with me. shirts that can be tugged on and have the food washed off them, shorts that don't flash people when I bend over to pick up children. but as for actual style, I tend toward the librarian look as well. lots of tshirt cardigan combos, sometimes a skinny belt or nautical loafers.

nic said...

Miss B~I forgot about vintage! How could I? But, you are right that a proper vintage piece can put the beautiful right into any outfit:)

Jess~ha! I love it: "kid-friendly-non-flashing-librarian" is definitely a fantastic combo;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...