Monday, September 19, 2011

meatless monday: lunch

Hello, and happy meatless monday to you!

Ever since school started, I've been pretty obsessed with lunch. This is most likely because I like to plan my life around food.

When it comes to "going meatless" one day a week, I've been trying to make that an all-day thing (so, not just dinner. But probably "just dinner" is better than nothing at all...). Today, I'm enthralled with these tasty-looking, lunch-possiblities:


Apparently, it is the 40th anniversary of Chez Panisse, and man, did they throw a delectable shin-dig! These little bites would be perfect in my lunch box...


Or, how 'bout an open-faced sammy with brie, apples and arugula?

But seriously. Can I ever turn away from anything with avocado in it? No. So, obviously, this one from Real Simple is calling my name. 

What about you? Do you have a favorite meatless sandwich combo?

2 comments:

Jess said...

like you, anything with avocado is MINE! I love cucumber, sprout, lettuce, tomato sammies with provolone and avocado. hummus can be good on a sammie too, especially with roasted veggies. and I have a soft spot for an egg sandwich, if done properly.

nic said...

oooh, that sounds A-mazing!!! I will absolutely have to try your avocado and your hummus sammy suggestions. I love a good egg samm, too. But, I think I might need to be sitting at a table to enjoy it properly (so, not on a bench or at my desk...). Thanks, jess!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...