Monday, July 25, 2011

Meatless Monday: heat wave cookin'

Whew! I don't know about you, but at this point, I only want to eat popsicles! Here are some quick-to-make, little-to-no heat required meatless options:


This little Greek Lentil Salad looks so light and summery to me. Plus, I'm almost always in the mood for feta cheese. 


One of my favorite DIY summer treats is frozen banana bites. I originally tried them using this recipe from bon appetit. And, as long as you let yourself use only stuff you have on hand for the coating (no fussing over particular ingredients!), they are so easy to throw together. I tossed some into the freezer yesterday, coating them all with chopped macadamia nuts. My favorite part, though, is how the frozen bananas taste uncannily like ice-cream. 

Stay cool, my friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...