Thursday, July 21, 2011

Daydreamin'

Ok. So, I had this absurd notion that today: I thought I would write a "Theory Thursday" post (an idea I've been toying with), which really just means I was thinking I'd talk a bit more nerdily about what it is I do all day (ahem, teach writing to college students).

But, today is not that day, my friends.

No, today is not that day.

It is hundreds of degrees here in the Mitten. I have had a long week. I would like to just stop thinking now, if that's alright. Which is why I propose that today be a day for daydreamin' baby!


I propose we all stare at some clouds...

Maybe muse about cashing in our Roth IRAs and moving to a tropical isle...


...and once we're there, let's find a hammock and lay down. Wait, not just any hammock...it's so flippin' hot, we're gonna need a hammock in the water!




If all else fails, we can just play some ReRe and stare at the picture of the hammock. That might be enough to soothe my heat-wave-baked mind. Whaddya say?

2 comments:

Jess said...

yes, yes, and yes. especially yes to the hammock over the water!
by the way, I have soooooo been meaning to write you a letter. I'm sorry! this new house is eating me alive. I've been washing blinds, replacing lightbulbs, hanging pictures, etc. trying to get this house looking like home. and meanwhile repeatedly forgetting to write you back. soon, my dear!

nic said...

Jess! Isn't that hammock uncanny???!!! I am sure that you are trying to settle in and working hard--moving is so much work, and you have two little ones...you're pretty much my hero. Hope you can find time to rest soon:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...