Saturday, July 23, 2011

saturday snapshot

It's thick and hot outside today. Inside the library, the air-conditioning is buzzing, low and comforting. I'm hungry for lunch, and my friend, Jess, brought up the idea of a tomato sandwich. Now, hypothetical ruby fruits sparkle in my mind.

But first, to Paris!


I discovered a new blog, Prete Moi Paris, and have been reminded why I slide into francophilia so easily and so often. 



These images from a fashion show are from the line Basil Soda. I would wear each one of them, I think. They're so romantic, so interesting in their combo of throw-back and po-mo sensibilities. 


 Well, as usual, my automatic-free-association of most things with food and drink kicked in. I wanted to know if basil sodas existed (I had a feeling yes), and if so, how I could make one. And then drink it. Bon Appetit never fails with a classic-sounding recipe.  


Then again, the Detroit Free Press offered up this cherry version, which puts a distinctly Mitten spin on the drink. 

Decisions, decisions. 

Happy weekend, friends! Hope you are staying cool, dreamy and hydrated:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...