Monday, November 14, 2011

winter wreaths

So, I'll be honest. My previous post was my own little "giddyup" to myself. I can feel winter creeping up, the holidays, and all their frenzy. This time last year, I had an inexplicable "holiday spirit"-type bug, or something. I was all in the mood and making lists before we were even ready to plan Thanksgiving menus.

This year, not so much.

But, I'm gonna try. I have to say, I had a lot of fun last year, and I'd like to chase that feeling. Maybe we can help each other, friends! I need to get in the holiday swing of things somehow. So, here goes...


What do you think of holiday wreaths? Maybe what I'm ok with is more of a "non-wreath-wreath." You know, less greenery, more unexpected? I was absolutely captured by this one.


I'm also fairly in love with the textural simplicity of this stick wreath. It might look stunning on our dark front door...



But, let's face it: my DIY time and motivation is precarious, at best. Also, there is the issue of materials. Would I love to go for a long walk in the woods and gather up pine-cones or sticks to assemble into one of these fetching wreaths? You bet. Will I? Um, no.

But, there is a very real possibility that I have (or could have, in a few weeks) the appropriate amount of wine corks for this wreath. Perhaps it is the non-wreath-wreath that speaks most directly to my essence as a "person with holiday spirit." Or something.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...