Tuesday, June 21, 2011

book talk: full nerd confession

Hey friends! Today I'm going to talk about a book I'm reading. A book that, to be honest with you, I've become rather obsessed with. I understand that talking about this book will reveal the depths of my nerdiness, and how deep are those depths!

The hubs and I are in the middle of this book:

We started it last summer, actually, and Jake has already read it (and the rest of the series that is out) once. Oh man, it is so good, though! The premise is based in fantasy, but the characters are quite complex and very real. The story is so dense, and the book itself so thick, that when the hustle-and-bustle of the fall semester set in, we gradually had to abandon it. Not that it wasn't engrossing! It was, actually, so engrossing that we had to stop staying up so late to read! 

This summer, I was prompted to pick it up again when I read that HBO was making it into a series. It has gotten some good reviews and a few of my friends are already all the way through season 1.


I'm so in.

But, because of my extra-nerdy commitment to only watch movies or series after I read the corresponding book, I need to get to reading! What about you? Do you wait to watch something until you read the book first? Why or why not?

2 comments:

Jess said...

yep, I prefer to read first, and then watch the movie, but only if it comes highly recommended. nerds unite!

nic said...

solidarity. (fist pump!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...