Saturday, June 4, 2011

the best pizza I've had in years

Yesterday we had a lovely day in the D. (city of Detroit, for those not "in the know"...) We headed into the city because I had a lunch-y, chatty meeting with my new cohort at WSU. We had a fantastic "family style" potluck lunch, with some delicious lentil salad, veggies and fruit, and chocolate brownies with peanut butter frosting. I'd say we're off to a great start! Meeting my cohort was wonderful--we joked and ate good food and chatted about the coming fall a bit. I think we will have fun working together:)

After our lunch meeting, Jake and I met up with some friends who live in Woodbridge.



We sat on the front porch of Neal and Jamica's house with and Matt, and basically lazily talked the afternoon away. I had a cold brew in my hand and good company.

 we snacked on my leftover potluck offerings and soaked up the sun as it glimmered through the trees. I felt like it was finally summer. I felt really relaxed.

Later, we walked up to the Motor City Brewing Works for dinner. Excuse me, we walked up there for the best pizza I've had in years. Crispy, warm, savory, delish. It had a brick-oven smokey-ness to it, and it was thin, more "New York" style than "Chicago" deep dish.

What about you? Do you prefer the NY or CHI style pizza? What is the best pizza you ever ate? Tell me the story!

4 comments:

Thomas said...

I don't see anything in your post about bread. Sounds like you had a great day!

nic said...

Ha! Tomas, that is because your bread was *beyond* description...ethereal, man. ;)

We certainly did have a great day...it felt just how summer should feel, you know?

Thanks for the comment!

Rachel said...

I definitely like NY style, and can we please go there when I come home???!!

nic said...

you got it, rach. absolutely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...