Wednesday, June 22, 2011

going organic...with makeup!


Last week, my sister and I finally made good on our Mother's Day present for Mom. We went for a fantastic spa-day at Rouge Make-up and Nail Studio in Ferndale. It was so much fun! While we were there, we got makeovers with this line of cosmetics called Eve Organics. They're based in Macomb, MI. After chatting with Cheryl about my skin type, she used the "Quantum Quencher Renewal" on my. My face felt so silky, I bought myself a bottle! (and felt good about supporting local businesses, too...)

Can I just say, almost a week later, my skin is singing for joy! I never would've said that "organic makeup" would be any different from my trusty Oil of Olay...but my skin thinks different. What do you think about the move to go organic? Even in things like makeup? 

4 comments:

Meg said...

I don't do organic everything, but I think it is a good idea with make-up since your body absorbs everything you put on your skin :) I've been using olive oil as a make-up remover, pure coconut oil to moisturize my face, and "everyday minerals" make-up for about a year now and my face is happier than ever before!

Jess said...

I'm with Meg - not everything organic, but I try with skin care to be especially vigilant. I don't necessarily care if it's labeled organic, I just care if it's natural, and not made of chemicals or petro. I use a lot of coconut oil, too.

nic said...

Hmmm...how does using the oils compare price-wise? I'm thinking more about this, particularly because of the skin-absorbtion thing...and I agree with you, jess: just no carcinogens, please! Thanks for the input, girls:)

Meg said...

Using the oils is ever so much cheaper than any kind of product I've ever bought because it only takes a tiny bit. Just a little bit on my finger covers my whole face so it takes a long time before I use up the the small container I put my oil in :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...