Monday, June 13, 2011

Meatless Monday

I'm not sure if it's the summer Mitten heat, or just the fact that I've been (mentally) warming up to the vast list of meat-substitues, but I've been mildly obsessed with lentils lately. There is a great recipe from the Barefoot Contessa for warm french lentils that sends me over them moon. And then, I found this intriguing little recipe for lentil tacos. Told you I was obsessed.

But, there are other legumes in the sea... 
How delicious does this quick bean soup look? Maybe for dinner tonight?


Last week, I made this yummy vegetarian pizza. I have to say that even though I griped at Jake for telling me to let it bake a little longer, I was amazed at how perfectly the crust turned out. Good instincts, honey!


I used Trader Joe's Garlic Herb dough, pesto, baby bella mushrooms, arugala, tomatoes, onions and goat cheese.

Also, here is a new invention that involves, yes, fresh basil...in order to make a delicious fruit salad. I've been taking it for lunch almost every day!
  1. Slice several peaches
  2. slice several strawberries
  3. roll up 4-5 basil leaves, slice (creating thin strips)
  4. Toss fruit and basil with 1 tsp. raw sugar, stir well

What's your favorite combo for a fruit salad?

2 comments:

Jess said...

yum! I love homemade pizza. and fruit salad. one we had a couple weeks ago that was really good included strawberries, pineapple, and blueberries. this week it would be blackberries and peaches, and I'm just dying to make a cobbler.

nic said...

ooh, that fruit salad sounds splendid! I love me some pineapple:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...